Terms and Conditions
October 26 - May 11, 2023
Wed. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 2 p.m. - 6 p.m
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Tastings are possible by arrangement via e-mail.
GOOD SALES / WINE PURCHASE
May 11 - September 7 - kitchen open until 8 p.m.
Thursday + Friday 3 p.m. - 9 p.m
Sat + Sun 12pm - 9pm
Tastings are possible during opening hours without registration.
GOOD SALES / WINE PURCHASE
08 September - 22 October 2023 - kitchen open until 8 p.m.
Mon, Wed - Fri 4pm - 9pm
Sat., Sun. + public holidays 12 p.m. - 9 p.m
Tastings are possible during opening hours without registration.
General terms and conditions of business
Winery Graf von Weyher
Telephone: 063 23 / 98 00 64
By fax: 063 23 / 98 00 65
- hereinafter referred to as "Weingut Graf von Weyher" -
These general terms and conditions apply to all deliveries and services of Weingut Graf von Weyher, insofar as they are contractually bound and not expressly regulated otherwise in the text of the offer.
- Regulations and information on the conclusion of the contract
All representations on the websites of Weingut Graf von Weyher merely represent a non-binding invitation to the customer to submit offers.
To order one or more items via the online shop, the items must first be marked for order by clicking on the "shopping cart" link or button. In the "shopping cart" (which you can access at any time via a link in the shop) you will then be guided through the ordering process in which each step is explained and the required information is requested.
The ordering process is completed when the customer finally clicks on "buy".
This is the customer's offer to conclude the contract, which Weingut Graf von Weyher can accept within two working days.
The acceptance of the offer by Weingut Graf von Weyher takes place - after sending an order confirmation - through a separate order confirmation or delivery of the goods.
The purchase contract is concluded with the acceptance by Weingut Graf von Weyher.
Contrary to the above, the contract is concluded before the order confirmation is sent if either the order confirmation contains a payment request or if the payment process is initiated and completed during or immediately after the order process is completed.
If expressly offered in the online shop, the contract is concluded when the customer places an order by telephone, e-mail, fax or letter as follows:
The customer verbally or in writing declares his binding intention to buy precisely named items of the offer in the online shop. This is the customer's offer to conclude the contract, which Weingut Graf von Weyher can accept within five days of receipt.
Weingut Graf von Weyher accepts the offer by sending the delivery confirmation or by delivering the goods. That seals the buying contract.
Weingut Graf von Weyher saves the text of the contract and sends the customer the order data and the contract terms by e-mail. Weingut Graf von Weyher thus gives the customer the opportunity to call up the contractual provisions upon conclusion of the contract and to save them in a reproducible form. Access to the contract texts stored at Weingut Graf von Weyher is - with the exception of the freely accessible General Terms and Conditions - only possible for registered customers via the customer account.
In order to identify and prevent input errors during the ordering process, the customer is shown an overview page to check before the order becomes effective, with the help of which he can check all details of the order and the data entered in the input fields themselves or by using the "Back" button of the Internet browser can correct.
The contract language is German.
- Prices and terms of payment
The prices shown at the time of the order apply. Packaging and shipping costs, insofar as they are charged, will be charged additionally and the customer will be informed in good time. In the event of an order from abroad, it cannot be ruled out that your bank or your country will levy unknown costs or taxes on Weingut Graf von Weyher, such as (import) duties or processing fees for the payment. These are not costs that are paid or invoiced by Weingut Graf von Weyher.
Weingut Graf von Weyher accepts all payment methods specified on the website. Weingut Graf von Weyher issues the customer an invoice for the ordered goods, which is sent to him in text form at the latest with the delivery of the goods.
The total purchase price of the ordered goods is payable depending on the selected payment method.
- packaging and shipping costs
Packaging and shipping costs, insofar as they are charged, will be announced to the customer in good time before the ordering process is initiated.
- Delivery and delivery times
The goods are delivered to the customer by third parties (delivery services). If forwarding has been selected, "delivery free curb" is agreed as the place of performance, ie the delivery is made to your front door, at ground level, without steps.
The delivery times can be found either in the product description or in the separately available shipping information in the shop.
Partial deliveries are possible if the customer
- the partial delivery can be used by the customer within the scope of the contractual purpose,
– the delivery of the remaining ordered goods is ensured and
- the customer does not incur any significant additional work or additional costs or the seller agrees to bear these costs.
The costs for transport and packaging, insofar as such are charged, are only charged once for partial deliveries.
- transfer of risk
If the customer is an entrepreneur, i.e. if he is acting in the exercise of his commercial or self-employed professional activity when the contract is concluded, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the goods passes when the goods are handed over, in the case of mail-order sales when the goods are delivered to the forwarding agent, the carrier or the person or institution otherwise responsible for carrying out the shipment is transferred to the customer.
In all other cases, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the item sold only passes to the customer when the item is handed over, regardless of the shipping method selected.
- Exclusion or premature expiry of the right of withdrawal
The right of revocation does not exist if the customer acts in the exercise of his commercial or self-employed professional activity and thus as an entrepreneur within the meaning of Section 14 of the German Civil Code (BGB) when concluding the contract.
Furthermore, the right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts
- for the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose use-by date would soon be exceeded;
- for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed when the contract was concluded, but which can be delivered no earlier than 30 days after the conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations on the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
- for consumers, insofar as the order is made from and the shipment is made to a country that is not a member of the European Union.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely for contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods which, for reasons of health protection or hygiene, are not suitable for return if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these were inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been broken after delivery.
- warranty, guarantee
There is a statutory right to liability for defects; in this respect, the statutory periods apply. If a guarantee is specified in the offer, the statutory liability for defects remains unaffected.
- retention of title
All deliveries are subject to retention of title. The delivered goods remain the property of Weingut Graf von Weyher until the purchase price has been paid in full.
- Procedures for handling complaints, dispute resolution procedures
Weingut Graf von Weyher's procedure for dealing with complaints meets the requirements of professional diligence. Should the customer wish to make complaints, he can do so verbally or in writing using any of the means of communication and addresses/numbers mentioned here. A timely processing is assured.
It is pointed out that Weingut Graf von Weyher is neither obliged nor willing to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
- choice of law
With regard to all legal relationships arising from this contractual relationship, the contracting parties agree on the application of the law of the Federal Republic of Germany to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention, unless the consumer would thereby be deprived of the protection granted to him by the mandatory regulations of the state in where he has his habitual residence. In the latter case, the law of the state in which the consumer has his habitual residence applies.